We will never require a victim of domestic violence to reconcile with their abuser because, #WeAreSafe
With 1 supporters
1 needed to reach 100
We challenge Faith Community leaders to make these promises
1. Learn to recognize the signs of domestic violence.
2. Stand with victims of domestic violence as they desire and seek healing and wholeness.
3. Never coerce or require a victim of domestic violence to reconcile with their abuser.
4. Share at least one sermon each October (Domestic Violence Awareness Month) about the epidemic of domestic violence and how the church can respond.
5. Connect with a domestic violence shelter in our city/town.
6. Show that our faith community is a designated safe place by prominently placing Safe Faith Community decal on your site or social media.
7. Offer the Evidentiary Affidavit of Abuse (training optional for staff or selected individuals), found at documenttheabuse.com or at the Apple Store, and a copy of the book, “Time’s Up,” to each victim of domestic violence we encounter.